Re: Well...DAMN.. Indy IV News from Pat McQueeney

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by nitzsche from www2.proxymate.com on February 05, 2000 at 22:45:49:

In Reply to: Well...DAMN.. Indy IV News from Pat McQueeney posted by DrJones on February 05, 2000 at 15:29:21:

The poster's name and registered IP address don't match. This post is probably the work of an impersonator, take it with a grain of salt:

: HI all,

: In this weekends USA today, there is a blurb about Indy IV from
: Jeannine Williams;

: A gentleman from Cleveland asked her what the status of Indy IV was and she says the following;

: George Lucas has a script he likes, but Ford and director Steven Spielberg haven't approved it, says Ford's long time agent Patricia McQueeney;

: "If there was a script that they all loved, THEY WOULD KILL THEMSELVES TO CLEAR THEIR SCHEDULES. They love it so much, but they can't seem to get their heads together on a script they are all enthusiastic about."

: Now don't get me wrong, I am still hoping for Indy IV, but this news hits hard. For the longest time, McCallum has said that scheduling is the biggest hold up, these comments burn that arguement to the ground.
: What does everyone else think?

: Regards,

: DrJones

Yeah, I saw this news too. To tell you the truth, I have a "deep down" feeling that Harrison Ford is honestly not up to it anymore. It IS and it ISN'T the age factor. Age isn't bad for the character, just the actor. No denying that the guy loves the character, but an Indiana Jones flick requires SO much energy (much more than any other typical Harry ford "action" flick), that I think he worries about making a fourth attempt. He has always stated in interviews regarding his "physical acting" that he prefers to do as much as he can in action sequences so the audience really believes it's "Indiana Jones" they are watching, and not some stuntman. Let's face it, the man ritually HAMMERED his body for these films--his knees, his back, and on and on. I don't blame the man for being hesitant. But honestly, I think it is Ford who is holding up any movement on the project. The script has to be worth the pain, or he won't do it.

--nitzsche

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]