Re: Anyone here ever make an Ark replica?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rocky from HRBGB105-04.splitrock.net on February 06, 2000 at 13:18:05:

In Reply to: Anyone here ever make an Ark replica? posted by johnvader on February 05, 2000 at 21:13:54:

It's funny that you should ask that question.

I work with a man who is quite a crafstman, and he is just about to get his own space for his workshop. I showed him a picture of the Ark of the Covenant, and he said it would be a challenge, but he would like to give it a try. Now when he'll be up and running in his own shop, I'm not sure, and we haven't worked out materials yet.
I'm guessing it'll be made of wood and painted gold, but again I'm not sure.
I told him other people might be interested, because if I liked what he made I was going to post it here with a picture to see if anyone else would like one made. No, I haven't a clue what it would cost, and shipping would be a bear, and I told him, it would have to look very close to the real thing, but he did seem interested in doing it.
If you like, I can keep you guys posted of my progress, but at this time it's only in the planning stage, and still not 100% sure it will even get done.
But to answer your question, yes, there are people who thought about getting an ark made.
Wish me luck

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]