The Great Experiment

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by GCR from spider-wl024.proxy.aol.com on February 08, 2000 at 02:07:14:

This is probably gonna sound like the craziest idea in a long time. Anyway, I have been lucky enough to have obtained a decent sum of money recently, through good fortune, and decided to prepare a little experiment for my own personal interest, as well as the interest of any other indyfans out there. What is this crazy experiment? Well, it's not really that crazy, and not that experimental, but here goes: using the new funds, I plan on purchasing as many Indy style fedoras as possible i.e. The new Indiana Miller, The Akubra Bushman, The Stetson Indy and Ark (I already have the temple), another version of the "Official" Indy hat, a Stetson nostalgia, and eventually, if I have enough left, an HJ and a Custom Hatter Fedora. My reason? To compile info and basically compare and contrast the pros and cons of each hat, and to offer my opinion on which hat is the best all around "Indy" style hat (considering price, quality, and the look you are going for etc.) Also, I will take as many pictures as I can to post here and others can compare them that way. Whats everyone else's opinion? I know Luger's fedora page does something very similar, but I hope to have a more in depth analysis of each hat, as well as better pics. And now, let the replying begin...
-GCR

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]