Better talk than nothing!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by HANNIBAL KING - George Elder from gatekeeper.astra.com on February 08, 2000 at 12:21:30:

In Reply to: You're all talk, no action posted by California Smith on February 08, 2000 at 11:45:07:

Hey California?

Okay - you have some points, but have you personally done anything to see a new Indiana Jones film being rushed forwad? I'm not accusing you of not doing anything, I'm just interested.

It's a forum for all fans (of different ages and interests) and with a lack of new Indy stuff it's sometimes difficult to talk aboiut new things. Star Trek fans at least have ongoing series, movies, novels and comics as do Star Wars fans. Now, I've written to the address but am not niaive enough to think that a handful of letters (which is what will come from the forum members - popular as it is) will actually make any real difference to the scehdules of Lucas, Spielberg, and Ford. The movie will happen if and when . . .

I think that too many times the same topics arise and if that's the case I don't read them. You know if a topic heading isn't to my taste then fine I don't open it.

I just think it's a bit self destructive to criticise people for having different agendas when you admit yourself you've only shadowed the forum, you could start discussion strands yourself. I mean do things happen more when inspired by "unhappy thoughts".

As to what the story should be - there's nothing wrong with a bit of speculation! As to what Harrison Fords doing - well, surely that has some bearing on the future of Indy IV, as to what hat's the best - well, a topic I'm not too interested in but that just means I don't get involved.

It's a shame you're not going to stay because you sound like a reasonable Indy fan. However, if that's the deal that's the deal.

Seeya Hannibal - darn, sorry George

: I've been shadow reading this chat room for a while now and I'm getting fed up with all the talk you guys do, with no action.

: You go on and on about "What should the story be" and "I heard this about Ford" and "Ooh, what if Indy fought Bond" but you're NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT!

: Even when someone posted an address, all you could talk about was getting the trilogy on DVD and what kind of hat to buy. It's sad to see Indyfans turning into Trekkies.

: If you want another movie, then tell Lucas and Spielberg. Are you so caught up in your Internet nicknames and Wested jackets that you can't write a serious letter using your real names? Now I like the idea of this forum, but the content is getting too repetitive for my tastes.

: I'll stick around to respond to any follow-ups, then I'm outta here. Good luck getting your movies with "happy thoughts".

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]