Sorry to see you go

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on February 08, 2000 at 13:48:19:

In Reply to: You're all talk, no action posted by California Smith on February 08, 2000 at 11:45:07:

: I've been shadow reading this chat room for a while now and I'm getting fed up with all the talk you guys do, with no action.

: You go on and on about "What should the story be" and "I heard this about Ford" and "Ooh, what if Indy fought Bond" but you're NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT!

: Even when someone posted an address, all you could talk about was getting the trilogy on DVD and what kind of hat to buy. It's sad to see Indyfans turning into Trekkies.

: If you want another movie, then tell Lucas and Spielberg. Are you so caught up in your Internet nicknames and Wested jackets that you can't write a serious letter using your real names? Now I like the idea of this forum, but the content is getting too repetitive for my tastes.

: I'll stick around to respond to any follow-ups, then I'm outta here. Good luck getting your movies with "happy thoughts".

You're also missing the point of some of these "items" discussions too. Remember, movie studios are in it for the money. They could absolutely care less what we actually want, but are interested in what we're willing to pay them for. They receive a big chunk of change from sales royalties related to gear that is connected, some way or another, with one OF their movies. When a company sees that a particular item is hot in the market, such as the fedoras for example, they tend to fall all over themselves to enter that market, or create new products to fill that market demand and must contact the movie studios (for example Paramount or LucasFilm) for the licensing contracts to create that new product. That, in turn, allows the studio to see in their financial package that there is monetary gain to produce another feature film in order to tap into the potential sales market. The more we discuss the "hats and DVD" possiblities and contact manufacturers with our wants and interests, the more pressure comes from the marketing departments to feed that potential sales group. So, you see California, our meaningless discussions are probably doing more good than any letter writing campaign you could ever come up with, because we're talking with our pocket books, not our fervent "wants" to see Indy on the screen once more. Money talks louder than words with these guys. Always has, and always will. Wish you well, sorry you feel that way, and best of luck. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]