Here's the deal:

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by the Fiddler from IDFAB104-39.splitrock.net on February 09, 2000 at 00:25:03:

In Reply to: Re: Swastika posted by Abner on February 08, 2000 at 23:51:23:

The Swastika as used by Hitler and the Nazi party (left handed) dates WAY back. It has been said that it is a broken cross (in other words an Anti-Christ symbol), but it is beleived that it dates back even before the cross, which became a symbol only sometime after Christ lived. If this is true it had essentialy the same meaning, just that it wasn't a broken cross. The Swastika is a symbol of Satan worship (the occult)... something I beleive Hitler was involved in, whether or not he himself recognized it as that.

You can find the Swastika used extensively in the Navajo culture (whether they use the left or right handed version, I don't know), according to my sources it represented the sun (among other things), and was a symbol of light and life.

The left handed Swastika is considered the evil version of the symbol (bottom arm extends down then to the left). It is what was used by Hitler.

The right handed Swastika, is supposedly a symbol of life (bottom arm extends down then to the right). This may well be the symbol used by the Navajo and other religeons/cultures.

--the Fiddler

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]