Re:Wait!-don't go....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 3k$ from dialup-166.90.40.55.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net on February 09, 2000 at 06:36:41:

In Reply to: I think Star Wars galvanised the Star Trek revival. posted by George on February 08, 2000 at 13:00:38:

: Scott,

: Whilst I agree that the fans input did a lot to help Star Trek being revived in the 1970's - I also think that Paramount saw the money to be made with Science Fiction/Fantasy through the huge SW phenomona. This coupled with everyone bringing out Sci-Fi definitely convinced the powers that be to reconsider the ST issue. Bearing in mind that ST phase two the tv series had kind of floundered not that long before hand. The other important consideration is that ST has a much more visible fan base than Indy. I mean how many Indy conventions are there? There are many more ST pages on the net than Indy pages and the list goes on. And while Lucas has the SW franchise to keep his coffers flowing Indy'll be low priority. Spielberg has soooo many projects on his slate that Indy seems kinda low priority for him. And Ford seems set on making more mumbly serious movies or interminable Jack Ryan clunkers. That's the other problem with letters - Star Trek belonged to Gene Roddenberry who was keen to see it revived. Indy belongs to Lucas who doesn't seem too keen. And unless something like "The Mummy" had made a whole heap more money than it did - good as it was - then where's the real incentive to rush into another Indy film?

: : Hannibal,

: : Yes I have sent my letter as well to Lucasfilm. And I think it does make a difference. They saved Star Trek, didn't they?

: : California Smith (Scott Archer)

You know they'll never top RLA, so relax! Get the Miller Indy, give it nice, sharp Raiders crease , get a raiders Wested and log the heck back on! This is the most D-luxe look and feel forum, chatroom, whatever on the net anywho. GOD-I love this place so mmuch-I-I gotta- I feel so validated here! This is my home and you are all my family! 3k$

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]