Re: peacock's eye gun dilemna

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on February 10, 2000 at 12:42:21:

In Reply to: peacock's eye gun dilemna posted by james on February 10, 2000 at 12:24:36:

: I was just watching the treasure of the peacock's eye and noticed that several of the pirates were shooting M1 Garand rifles...These are semi-automatic .30-06 calibre 8 shot internal magazine fed...but everytime I see them shoot they have to cycle the bolt back again before they can fire again...I guess this must be attributed to them firing blanks however which do not have anywhere near the pressure capable of cycling them via the rifles own gas operated system...
: Anyone have any other comments about such?

I have never paid any attention to that, as I have only watched the movie once, but regardless of the cycling of the blank (which the Garand's can do), my problem would be WHERE would they even GET the rifles? They weren't even invented during this time period. I guess they were trying to cheat and pretend that they were bolt action type rifles and had to be cycled after every round. Unless you had a keen eyed observer, such as yourself, it would probably have never been noticed. Nice work! Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]