First time Director

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Paul Higgins from ppp-206-170-209-55.lsan03.pacbell.net on February 11, 2000 at 02:34:28:

2-10-00

Dear Mr. Speilberg:

My name is Paul Higgins, CEO of PusHHard Productions an independent film company. First off, I know that you receive thousands of e-mails and letters daily. I am an actor, student and first time director studying at American Film Institute ("AFI"). I am interested in working as an Assistant, First Time Director under your tutelage on any upcoming projects you may be doing.

I have just completed a 16 min. short entitled "Red Rum" and a 30 min. all African-American cast soap opera. I feel that under your teachings I can better improve upon the projects I am working on.
Your suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure that you can think back to when you first started film school and how hard it was getting your projects reviewed and seen. Like yourself, I am as passionate and determined to "PUSHHARD" and keep my dreams and beliefs alive because I do not accept "NO" or "I CAN'T" as an answer.
I would like to send to you addition information on who I am and what my company is about for your review. As an actor I have worked with such directors as Tony Scott, "Crimson Tides", Rob Reiner, "Mississippi Burning", Wes Craven, "Vampire In Brooklyn, and my most recent project with Anton Fuqua, "Replacement Killers." I enjoyed watching the gleem and the passion in their eyes as their vision unfolds.

I have watched many of your movies and I have seen the same passion and I want to be able to express the same passion within my films. Like yourself, I have taken unknown non-union actors and used them within my films and made them look like seasoned actors.

Once you have had a chance to review, and any suggestion and advice you can give to me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time. I hope to hear from you soon and I hope that we will meet and work together in the near future.

Respectfully yours,
Paul Higgins, CEO
PusHHard Productions

E-Mail - dragon2k@pacbell.net

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL: