Hey, this would be great. A new source of Indy gear. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from smfc760-1.jps.net on February 11, 2000 at 14:58:48:

In Reply to: News flash - Lee Kepler returning posted by Michaelson on February 11, 2000 at 14:00:37:

: For those gray beards who have been in this hobby from the beginning, the name Lee Kepler is a familiar name as he was a pioneer in the collection of Indy related gear in the early 1980's. Lee has been connected with the gun industry for years in L.A., and in the dark days before the internet all information regarding anything related to Raiders or Indiana Jones was done completely by detective work, phone calls and face to face discussions. Because of Lee's gun connections, he had access to the original props and was able to take measurements and shoot photographs for use to recreate gear to sell to the Indy collector. The only contact you could make with him at that time was through several magazine ads that were floating around the US at the time. I came across him through a copy of "Combat Guns" in 1984, and still have a copy of his 8 X 10 "catalog" of gear he had access to, which originally included the Mark VII bag, the Aldens shoes, holster, whip and holder, etc. and at very decent prices. As the years passed , Lee pulled away from the sales end of things, and to date has not technically entered the "world wide web", and was not really aware of the explosion of interest that Indiana Jones has enjoyed to date in terms of the collection of the gear. It wasn't until Indiana John and I made phone contact with him that he was made aware that people were definately interested in his legacy of being one of the first in the hobby, and he has expressed an interest in possibily re-entering the gear business on a limited scale. No details yet, but as more information comes about, you'll find them at IndyGear. I currently have on loan in my possession one of his holsters, whip holder, and whip that he offered. The holster was made off of the original Raiders holster specs, and is beautifully made. The whip holder is the same, and shows excellent craftsmanship. Hopefully we'll have photos at IndyGear in the very near future. So stay tuned, we may have one of the originals coming back into the harness to help us find articles for our collections made from the originals, and right here in the US. At this time I do not know what he plans to offer again on the limited scale, but that should be forth coming in the not to distant future either. Stay tuned. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]