Young Indy and Older Indy - Are they really the same person?!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Moribundman from virtus.mcc.wwwcache.ja.net on February 13, 2000 at 13:29:45:

Of course they are; I just think there should have been more "Indyisms" placed in YIJC.

For a start, River Phoenix looked a LOT like Harrison Ford (as everyone says...) and SPF looks considerably LESS like the older Indy - so in looks, Indy goes from looking like his older self, to looking a little different back to the Indy we know and love.

Of course, they couldn't make the Young Indy actor LOOK much more like Harrison Ford, but they could certainly have made him BEHAVE more "in character". He goes from a fairly mature and anarchic 13 year old (well-versed in archaeology and ancient languages) to a fairly naive and well-behaved 16 year old who (in Peacock's Eye) seems very unaware of archaeology because he's yet to study it at college. This is - as Lucas says - because they wanted to show Indy growing from an optimistic young man to the world weary archaeologist of the films; but the flashback scene in IJLC depicts a younger Indy who is just like the Harrison Ford version.

It's not that there's anything wrong with any of this - I still love all the vids, but I think a wider audience would have watched Young Indy in the first place if there had been a few more treasure hunts, characters from the films in cameos or little quirks to show SPF *becoming* Indy...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]