Ah, yes! The cult classic...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from smfc760-1.jps.net on February 14, 2000 at 16:03:14:

In Reply to: Re: Negative thoughts posted by graml on February 13, 2000 at 18:57:30:

Anyhow, these guys that have died recently all lead full lives. I think that should send a message to us; sieze the day and all that other inspirational crap people other than me are always saying. We can keep their memories alive by enjoying their work. That's a great excuse for seeing
"Ernest Goes to Camp" (you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll see turtles fall from the sky). I recall all the innocence and humor projected from that movie on me at an early age. Only now, that he's gone, did I uncover these memories of how much he influenced me, my way of thinking, and imagination.
As for Charles Schultz, I could never imagine a life without the "Peanuts" gang. Those cartoon were so sweet, so innocent, and I identified SO much with the character of Charlie Brown (which was, of course, Charles Schultz as he saw himself).
While I admit Charles Schultz lived a full life, Jim Varney was considerably young, and still had plans ahead of himself. And both of their deaths came rather sudden (even though we know they had cancer, they still were not deadly ill at the time of death).
Ah, Ernest, Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Lucy, Linus...How will I ever forget them?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]