Re: Wested update and a caution

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Elliott from 98AD2DD5.ipt.aol.com on February 14, 2000 at 17:40:18:

In Reply to: Re: Wested update posted by Patterson on February 14, 2000 at 13:01:56:

<Patterson>>

One caveat about assembly: Patience is vital for the detail work. I had a problem with my Wested. Short version is I ordered my jacket at the end of October for a Christmas arrival, didn't happen despite assurances - so by a few days before Christmas, I was pretty insistent that they get my jacket shipped. It arrived a few days after Christmas. I do love the jacket, but the detail work was sloppy on several counts - possibly in an effort to get it out the door.

The seams on the pocket flaps are coming apart on me, and there are several places on the pockets where the leather finish was cut from careless scissor action. Both are structural problems as much as they are cosmetic problems, otherwise I wouldn't be so fussy about them. So, bear that in mind when you're impatient to get the jacket!

If the pocket flaps continue to degrade or the other minor problems become bigger issues, I intend to send the jacket back for a tune-up. Despite the problems I had, I still recommend Wested hands down. Jerry Maher was very cooperative and made it clear that Wested had fallen down on my order.

Cheers,

Tim

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: