Re: My Indiana Miller arrived...details

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by benish from ppp-40.ts-3-bay.hck.idt.net on February 15, 2000 at 00:01:12:

In Reply to: My Indiana Miller arrived...details posted by Steve on February 12, 2000 at 17:59:01:

: I received my Indiana Miller yesterday, and have finished the alterations necessary to turn it into an Indy fedora. I ordered the open crown version. This hat is advertised as having a 5 5/8 inch crown, but mine was barely 5 1/2. Also I had ordered the 2 3/4 inch brim, but they sent me the 2 5/8. I almost sent it back, but decided to use it anyway. First of all let me say that this hat indeed does have a snap brim. That is an understatement, believe me! The brim resembles a coffee cup, because it is really, really upturned, too much in fact. So out came the steam iron, and I ironed it flat, so I could do the dimensional cut. I took 1/8 inch off the sides, and used sandpaper to smooth out the radius. Next, I replaced the too wide ribbon with the correct sized one. What a difference! I then put all the dents and bashes in the crown, and was pleasantly surprised to discover that my search has finally come to an end in the quest to find the ultimate Indy fedora at an affordable price. Folks, take it from me, a fedora junkie, this is the hat to get. Miller Hats has labored, and has come up with a winner. Now they just need to put the proper sized ribbon on this hat, and do the dimensional cut. Then it would be perfect, right out of the box. The quality of this hat is superb. The color is practically the same as mink. The felt is of excellent quality, and appears to be beaver. This is a first class fedora, for only $115.00. Don't look any further, this is the closest you will ever come to an Indy fedora. It beats any Stetson, and any Akubra, that I have owned, and I really love both of those brands. I have just ordered another Indy Miller, because it is so close in looks that I need to put one up for later. Can't tell how fickle this supplier will be in his inventory. Regards, Steve

Question: What do you do with the ribbon once you get it?
Does it come ready to go on the hat or do you have to shape
or wrap it, etc. Also, how do you get it to stay on the
hat? Do you sew it on? Where can I get the petersham ribbon ready to
go? I tried the indygear places but they want a $50 minimum order.
Thanks for you help.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]