Re: The scoop on the fedora

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-183.COL.cableone.net on February 15, 2000 at 01:23:22:

In Reply to: Re: The scoop on the fedora posted by Dakota Ellison on February 15, 2000 at 01:04:17:

: : I need you guys to set me straight on something: If someone wanted to really copy the Indy fadora, why not just buy one of HJ's and just copy it? Why can't it just come ready to wear? Are there legal problems? Miller must know the width of the ribbon. Why not do it right? I am not confident to do the modifications. I am sure you guys are real savy on this. Help me here. Thanks

: I think Miller just doesn't want to be bothered with "doing it right". Imagine HJ simply selling you the Poet and saying "Here, you modify it". It's really not that hard to modify a hat. It took me
: maybe an hour. Then again I've been going back to the steam pot
: and tweaking it here and there. The only thing illegal would be to
: put the Indy name on the Miller, which they didn't.

: Cheers

: Ellison

I agree. You would think a hat company like Miller would do some serious research on "the hat". Really, all that is necessary is for an experienced person to simply view the movies. No one wants to take the time and do the obvious thing-and this strikes me as very strange. We shouldn't have to change ribbons and cut down brims. regards, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]