The Ark-missing since 955 B.C.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 3k$ from dialup-209.247.245.237.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net on February 16, 2000 at 03:50:37:

In Reply to: I stand corrected (nm) posted by Indiana Wayne on February 15, 2000 at 20:05:40:

:
: : : I saw something like this on the Discovery Channel. They actually did show the supposed site, which was sort of a run down synogogue surrounded by a fence and armed guards. They said that the villagers have sworn their lives to protect it, and only one living man has ever seen it. Seemed legit, but it kills to not be able to see it.

:::::From World Weekly News, March 24, 1998. AKSUM,Ethiopia-The Ark resides in a secluded stone temple near St. Mary of Zion Orthodox Christian Church whose ministers have the sacred duty of protecting the Ark. It is watched over day and night by a single monk sworn to protect it with his life. "No one but the monk can look at it," church deacon Fieseha Asfa told the reporter."If they look at it they will soon feel sickness and die." The Ark appears to have been lost sometime after 955 B.C., when Israel's King Solomon built the First Temple in Jeruselem and stored it there, biblical scholars say. The Ethiopians say Africa's Queen of Sheba had a son by Solomon. This son, Menlik I, RAIDED the Ark and brought it here. The Ark is central to Ethiopian Orthodox Christian ceremonies. High priests here carry replicas of it, known as "tabots". A former guardian of the Ark, named Wolde Giorgis Wolde Gebrial, said of the tablets " It is like a mirror, very smooth, not quite white. Sometimes it looks like water."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]