Walker...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on February 16, 2000 at 13:04:46:

In Reply to: Some do, some don't posted by walker on February 16, 2000 at 12:03:27:

: A couple of the books you mentioned do indeed exist and can be ordered via Amazon.uk. They are Young Indiana Jones and the River of Death and Young Indiana Jones and the Day of Destiny. Be aware however that these are simply British adaptations of the Young Indy episodes Verdun and Oganga.

: Young Indiana Jones and the Mask of the Madman by Megan Stine and H. William Stine and Young Indiana Jones and the Ring of Power were at one time scheduled to see the light of day but never did. Various explanations I've received from the publisher include the fact that as a literary property Indy is just not "hot" right now (as evidenced by the discontinuation of the comics and the Bantam paperback series, as well as the continued delaying of Fielding's Young Indy Adventure & Survival Guide).

: I contacted Fieldings about a month ago asking what happened. It seemed like Indy was getting more attention than he had in quite a few years what with the release of the Young Indy videos and the Infernal Machine. While the folks I spoke to admitted that was true, they felt sales of video and computer games didn't have much bearing on how the books would move, particulary given their poor sales history in the past, even when Indy was hot.

: However, if you know any foreign languages take heart. There are 8 original Indy adventures in German, 8 original Young Indy books and 3 original hardcover comics in French as well. These are all pretty easy to get either via ebay, alibris.com, alapage.com, chaptersglobe.com, amazon.uk.com, amazon.de.com, and others. Prices are quite reasonable on all of these.

: And hey, be sure to check out all the great fan fiction at Indyfan and the Temple of Tales.

: walker

I appreciate you keeping your eye on the Fielding guide. Please give us a heads up WHENEVER those folks ever decide to finally release it. I definately want to add that one to my collection, as it has been anticipated by us for several years now. I don't want to miss out. Thanks. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]