Re: confused

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on February 16, 2000 at 14:11:48:

In Reply to: Re: confused posted by MK on February 16, 2000 at 14:00:07:

: And aslo that distressing the jacket is bad. What is everyone else's opinion on this matter?

: : : : I'd suggest the Raiders version, non-distressed.
: : : You cannot go wrong with the original Raiders in new finish. The best way to distress a jacket is to wear it - IMHO.
: : : Patterson

: I just ordered mine pre-distressed. But you guys think new is better? Wouldn't take forever to wear it in? Could you please expand on that. I might have to change my order.

Pre-distressed is having them to "crack" the outer surface of the leather. The results look great, but the material has an almost suede feel to it, and it absorbs water like mad. You'll need to treat it with a product like Pecards to keep it water proof. If you want to have some one pre wear it out for you, then you're on the right track. I am just not a fan of having a brand new product that has already been pre worn for me just for appearances when you can buy a perfectly brand new one and wear it yourself. Each and every mark that you make on it has it's own personal story to tell. Just my opinion. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]