Just a thought..

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on February 16, 2000 at 18:08:02:

In Reply to: Re: Hmmmm... posted by Patterson on February 16, 2000 at 18:03:43:

: : : : Got your attention didn't I?

: : : : Actually the reason I'm chafing my nip? I own one of the first copies of the Wested jacket authorized by LucasFilm. It's made of a heavy leather, and the inner jacket pocket on the left side makes contact with my nipple constantly...even through a heavy shirt. I can't wear the jacket for very long. OUCH!

: : : : My question is this...I'm planning on ordering a Wested, but don't want this to happen on the new jacket. Anyone else have this problem? Should I order the Wested without the left-side inner pocket?

: : : : Man, I feel like a freak for asking this.

: : : There never was a Wested "authorized" by Lucasfilms. You are the proud owner of a Cooper, unless I'm completely mistaken. Peter's been pretty adament that his jackets are his own creation, and I'd be floored if a Wested ever carried a Lucasfilm Ltd tag.

: : : As for the nipple-thing - no, never been a problem.

: : : Cheers!

: : : Patterson

: :
: : Patterson,

: : I have no idea who made the jacket. I bought it about 10 years ago. It isn't a Wested. It says "Indiana Jones" on the tag, but lists no maker. It does say "LucasFilm" on it. It's a heavy leather and has the shape and cut of the Wested. Sorry if I miscommunicated. It isn't a Wested. I was just worried I'd have the same problem with the inner left pocket if I ordered an actual Wested.

: : I know this post sounds like a joke, but BELIEVE ME, it isn't. I love the jacket, but can't wear it. I want a Wested, but don't want to have the same problem. YEOWWW!

: Sorry, if I had read more carefully I would have understood. Rest assured, I've not had that problem with the Wested, though.

: Cheers!

: Patterson

...check your yellow pages under "alterations". There are some folks who specialize in leather coats, especially if you have any type of military post located anywhere near you. They must have uniforms and such altered, and these shops are usually small but well equipted to work leather. I was suprised to find such a place in such a small town here in Tennessee. Anyway, once you locate one, I'd suggest you take the coat to them and show them what the problem is and see if they can work out an alteration to correct that rubbing problem. Sounds to me like you have some trim inside that could be either tacked better, or relocated. Those folks love a challenge. Mine did. Good luck. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]