Re: Who's he then? (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Moribundman from fides.mcc.wwwcache.ja.net on February 16, 2000 at 20:36:32:

In Reply to: Who's he then? (nm) posted by Sweating Toht on February 16, 2000 at 16:33:56:

Not "He", "Where"!

Rennes le Chateau is apparently the focus of Gabriel Knight 3 - but I have really drifted away from caring about Sierra adventures (I never really liked them anyway and only started playing them when Lucasarts stopped doing adventures). GK1 was absolutely fantastic, GK2 was OK
but I've had bad reports on 3.

ANYWAY - Rennes le Chateau is an eextraordinary place, and allegedly the resting place of the Holy Grail, or perhaps even more... It was some sort of Knights Templar base and books have linked the Templars to the masons and all sorts of geometrical codes to suggest that they were hiding something of monumental importance. Some have claimed that this was the body of Christ himself - which obviously doesn't run too well with most Christians...(!) I read a book a couple of years back called "The Tomb of God" (probably available from Amazon) which was extremely interesting; if a little convoluted.

I think maybe this would not work for Indy - as he already found the Grail and it would be an extremely unwise decision to have him find the remains of Jesus Christ... If overly-zealous religious weirdos will boycott a film like Dogma then "Indiana Jones and the corpse of Jesus" would NOT go down at all well...!

: : I think it would be a decent story line if indy were to try and unravel the mystery of Rennes le Chateaus in the languedoc area of southern France.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]