Re: Petersham Ribbon, where can I get some...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dakota Ellison from spider-we063.proxy.aol.com on February 16, 2000 at 21:50:35:

In Reply to: Petersham Ribbon, where can I get some... posted by S. William on February 16, 2000 at 16:43:53:

: I saw the pics that Matt Walker put up, and the Indiana Miller looks great. On the top of my monitor sits my Stetson Nostalgia (I just got it a month ago from Miller hats), and the Nostalgia looks identical! My measurements even came up the same as the Indiana Miller, the only thing is, I've got my center crease starting a little bit above Matts, making the crown look a little bigger. I want to post pictures, but I want to change the Ribbon first. The ribbon on the Nostalgia is great when it comes to the darkbrown almost black color, and the satin sheen (not shiny), but the measurements are 1 3/4. I notice that Matts crown on the Indiana Miller would look event bigger (optical allusion here) if it had the 1 1/2 Petersham ribbon. That is why I want to change the ribbon. I've also thought about trimming this ribbon down to 1 1/2", but the rought edge probabably would fray, and not be perfectly straight.

: Where is the best place to get the Ribbon? It doesn't even have to have the bow premade, I can make that myself. If there is a phone number, or email, or website I can go to that would be great. Thank you for your feedback.

: Sincerely,

: S. William

I got mine from Judith M. Design. You can find her in the Indy
Diggs site. I got 2 yards of 1 1/2" petersham for $4.35 and another
$4.35 to ship it to me. Dark brown. Perfect.
Hope this helps.

Cheers

Ellison

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: