Re: Unsolicited Scripts!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Sahara from 1Cust130.tnt4.phoenix.az.da.uu.net on February 17, 2000 at 06:52:43:

In Reply to: Unsolicited Scripts! posted by Hannibal King on February 17, 2000 at 04:20:41:

: The reason that Lucas and Speilberg won't accept unsolicited scripts is purely a safegaurd against any possible future reprisals. Almost everyone of Spielbergs big hits has fallen victim toi some half assed court case where someone has said

: "This was my idea and I gave Spielberg the script years ago!"

: Raiders origin was contested by two evangelists when it came out who stated that it was there idea.

: So, to save any hassle Spielberg and Lucas just don't read or open anything that resemnbles a script. They just return those to the authors.

All the studios and production companies in L.A. have this policy. You can't get a script read without agency representation. The only other way to get a script read by Hollywood "Insiders" is to enter a legitimate screenplay contest (Nicholl Fellowship, Disney Fellowship, Chesterfield, etc.). These screenplay contests are judged by agencies and production companies. If you win or even place in one of them...you're on your way. I know. This is how I made it in the industry. Through contests.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]