What I think it boils down to...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on February 17, 2000 at 14:03:01:

In Reply to: Give The People What They Want Already!! posted by Thuggee Bear on February 17, 2000 at 13:23:46:

: I took the latest Indy 4 news with a grain of salt, and chalked it up to Harrison Ford simply repeating what he's said for years. I figured it was just something us Indyfans would get excited about, and then that would be the end of it. But I gotta admit I'm surprised at how much press this one little comment has received. I've seen it pop up in numerous newspapers, and nearly every website I've gone to over the past few days. This has to be the most eagerly awaited 3rd SEQUEL ever.

: It seems that the mere hint of Indy's return is enough to generate widespread buzz and attention. Are the prequels so damn time-sensitive that Lucas MUST finish 2 and 3 without a break? The irony is, they need to do Indy 4 before Ford is too old, yet if they waited to do the prequels, they'd have a better chance of finding a fresh face for Anakin.

Lucas says they have a script. Ford and Spielberg say they don't. Classic Lucas scenario - in his mind he has what he wants. The other two disagree. I believe this is why Jeffery Boam was brought in to save the day with Last Crusade. All three love the Indy franchise so much, none of them want a bad product.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but Lucas for all his talents can be a bit eccentric. I wish somebody had been holding the trump card over the script for Phantom Menace. What I wouldn't give for a world without Jar Jar Binks and flat performances due to the overuse of computer animation! Ooops! Did I say that out loud?

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: