Re: Just curious : )

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodsport from adsl-216-102-199-185.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net on February 18, 2000 at 00:33:25:

In Reply to: Just curious : ) posted by Katrina on February 17, 2000 at 23:38:47:

: Hi. This is the second message I've posted on this forum. (My fisrst was feb. 4th, I think) I was just going to say that my favorite IJ movie is probably Raiders, but I thought Temple of Doom was the funniest. What is everybody else's favorite one?

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hmm, for me it's hard to say since each film had a different feel to it. From a strictly adventure standpoint I would have to go with Raiders. Temple of Doom was more gothic and (initially) mysterious, while Last Crusade was the funniest and personal (from the fact that we get to see Indy's dad, and thus another side of Indy).

I like all three of them. At first I thought I was alone in noticing the different moods of each film, but I felt vindicated when I heard George Lucas (in the interview at the end of the rerelease of Last Crusade) tell of his plan to make the mood of each film different. ;)

I guess from a personal standpoint, I have a special place in my heart for Last Crusade, since it came out about a month or so before I graduated high school (yeah, I'm old! :( )... that period of time being the best time of my whole life (and that summer being the best I could remember for theatrical releases). But I'm sure others have a different favorite depending on different experiences.

How about you? Did you see them all in the theater when they were first released, or did you first see them on tape (just curious)? :)

-G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]