Warnings when using IndyGear chat room

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on February 20, 2000 at 16:58:35:

Or any chat room for that matter....apparently someone has decided to ride the low trail and hoax other forum writers by using other peoples names. I would HIGHLY suggest that you accept just about anything you read at chat rooms with a huge dose of salt, unless that particular chat room is protected by some sort of firewall, such as Micah has built into this page. True, folks can still write in an incorrect email address at the top of this posting, but when ever it appears, if it does not come from that address, especially for of those of us who has been here since the beginning, a red message appears warning you that the posting could be the work of a hoaxter. I would also suggest that you email directly the individual at their USUAL email address regarding the truth or correctness regarding information you read at a chatroom. I can be reached through IndyGear.com. or my usual email address above. There are ways to determine when you're talking to the real person. It's sad when we have the crud of the internet having fun at our expense by trying to disrupt any way they can. Don't fall into their trap. Word to the wise. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]