Yes, I always thought that cotton had more breathability than satin, and therefore would be cooler than satin(nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-171.COL.cableone.net on February 20, 2000 at 19:26:35:

In Reply to: Interesting posted by Michaelson on February 20, 2000 at 15:01:52:

: : : if anyone is comtemplating the purchase of the jacket i would like to recommend the cotton lining as opposed to the satin...i find the cotton to be much more durable...the satin lining on my jacket is showing quite a bit of wear after a year compared to othe jackets i have owned such as wilson etc..my next wested and i will buy another because i love this jacket will me one with the cotton lining...hope this helps....

: : Always keep in mind that you can always find SOME place that will replace the satin, Anthony. I am a satin-man myself, because Satin feels cooler on your skin, and is better for those adventures through steamy jungles, or windy deserts.

: I've experienced the exact opposite regarding satin linings. Must be different individual to individual. I am also a fan of the cotton lining, and live in the South. Satin would definately cook me above 55 degrees F, where I can wear the cotton lined up to and past 70 degrees. I guess you just go with what you know. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]