Yeah...but if it could happen...why's it cheesy? Is there something else better he could have done? NM

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by GCR from spider-tk032.proxy.aol.com on February 22, 2000 at 01:13:01:

In Reply to: I never said it couldn't happen, I said it was cheesy posted by Cup Of Christ on February 19, 2000 at 15:50:44:

: : : When Indy sticks the rock into the barrel of the tank gun, that was so cheesy. It reminds me of those bugs bunny cartoons!

: : Why? It's pretty accurate. I mean Indy knew he had to disable at least one of the guns so he could have a side of the tank that was safe for him to ride next to. As for the "realisticness" (i know that's not a word, but I don't care) of the rock causing the gun barrel to split like that, it could happen very easily. The old tank ammo was probably impact sensitive, meaning that when the round hit it's target it would detonate. However, something in the way of the round's path to the target, like the rock, would get hit first and cause the round to detonate prematurely while still in the gun barrel.
: : That's actually one of the more realistic parts to the movie, if you really think about it.
: : -GCR

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]