A couple of things...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by GCR from spider-wj084.proxy.aol.com on February 23, 2000 at 01:56:06:

In Reply to: Re: Fedora Ribbon width...correct??? posted by S. William on February 22, 2000 at 22:53:18:

: I have noticed the same thing, if I were to put a 1 1/2 inch ribbon on my Stetson Nostalgia, wich has a 5 1/2" open crown, it would appear even taller than it is now, wich would make it look ridiculous. My hat size is 1/8 smaller than Harrison Fords, so my hat is close in all specs to the origional. My ribbon size is 1 3/4. 1/4 too big??? Lugers Fedora page even states that the Raiders version is a little wider, maybe he meant 1 3/4. I decided to keep the origional Ribon, wich looks like Petersham in the Dark almost black (in certain light) color. Some pictures I've seen on Indygear with the Ribbon width at 1 1/2 didn't look right to me either. Good call GCR, and I hope this gets alot of posts.

: Sincerely,

: S. William

The reason why I think you may have noticed this problem as did I is in the fact that our hats are very similar. Thanks for the support, I was expecting several posts declaring me insane(ok, maybe nothing that harsh, but I've been called worse). I really do think the Indy ribbon has gotta be at least 1 and 3/4 (especially Raiders).
I think you are right about the info @ Luger's.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]