Let the juices flow!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from sdn-ar-002vannewP271.dialsprint.net on February 23, 2000 at 12:05:53:

In Reply to: QUESTIONS. posted by HANNIBAL KING on February 23, 2000 at 11:20:25:

: Hey,

: Much has been said about Harrison Fords increasing age and whilst I look at movies starring John Wayne especially True Grit and think that older actors can still do action films (especially with a tailored script). I also think that Harrison's probably young enough looking to do one without a tailored script. My question is - if Lucasfilm were to make a Young Indy story about the Ravenwood relationships would Sean Patrick Flannery still be able to pass as young Indy? Is he young enough looking, if the story was set closer to Raiders would the discrepancies between him and Harry be off putting? Would it be possible? If not who could play Intermediate Indy? Who could play a young Marion, and who could play Abner Ravenwood? And perhaps a younger Rene Belloq?

: Secondly, if Harrison Ford said "Nope" to Indy IV, would you want to see an Indy film without him or would you rather see the script adapted to a new character and made into a period adventure film. I often wonder how many films like The Mummy start off as potential Indy stories that are rejigged when they meet up with a brick wall.

: And finally, who would be your ideal choice for an Indy author - who could carry the legacy if the novels were to restart and I mean a professional author not one of us Fanfic writers.

: Just something to get the juices flowing.

Hey. I've always liked Sean Patrick Flannery, and I could deal with him as Indy in a major motion picture, but only if it took place in the mid-20s. After about 1927, I'd just expect Indy to look like Harrison Ford, I'm afraid. I'd like to see Donald Sutherland as Abner Ravenwood. Seeing how we've never actually seen him, I think we'll all have an opinion on Abner. As for an Indy sequel being adapted to a new character, I personally like to see more Indy-esque homage movies. The Mummy was a great film. And if (God willing) the novels start up again, I'd like a return to Rob MacGregor's style of writing. He's always been my favorite Indy novelist. Just my two cents.
-graml

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]