A suggestion...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on February 23, 2000 at 12:57:05:

In Reply to: Re: Oh no! Not the Wested!!! posted by Brian K. on February 23, 2000 at 12:22:12:

: : Greetings all,
: : I have some sad news. During my trip to the Yucatan, Mexico, I brought my Crusade, predistressed wested with me. Well, I also brought a swimming suit that wasn't really a swimming suit to wear whilst I hopped in the water on the hot days. Needless to say the suit/shorts are red and they began to bleed, so I wrapped them in plastic and put them in my suitcase. Unfortunately my wested was also in the suitcase and part of the shorts were showing out of the plastic! They bled a little onto my coat and now I have a couple little pinkish-red marks on the shoulder of my jacket. I am not sure if I can still remove this "stain" or not. If you guys have any suggestions, please feel free to reply! I plan to buy a raiders new finish soon with my tax return anyway, but its still depressing to see my first wested so beat up. :o(
: : Let this be a lesson to all of you. BUY REAL SWIMMING SUITS BECAUSE "The consequences could be disastrous!" -- Doc "Back to the Future"

: : Regards as always,
: : Nick

: How about Lexol-pH? It's a leather cleaner and if lexol conditioner works so well for the coat....but that's just a guess, so hopefully Patterson or Michaelson can help you out better than I....they sure helped me out with everything about mine...

: Regards,
: Brian K.

Nick, go to the IndyGear page and pull up the link to Pechard's. These folks are VERY knowledgeable regarding the care of all the leather gear we own. Give them a call and explain your situation. I spoke to customer service and they were friendly and very eager to give advice. I bet they can give you a tip as to how you can restore your jacket to it's former condition. I would suggest the old Pecards treatment, but that may seal the coloring into the leather. Pechards has many products. One may just fill the bill. Please keep me in the loop via Michaelson@IndyGear.com. I'll be interested in your progress. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]