Re: Let the juices flow!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from sdn-ar-002vannewP137.dialsprint.net on February 23, 2000 at 15:07:19:

In Reply to: Re: Let the juices flow! posted by Fedora Frenzy on February 23, 2000 at 14:20:19:

: And if (God willing) the novels start up again, I'd like a return to Rob MacGregor's style of writing. He's always been my favorite Indy novelist. Just my two cents.
: : -graml

: I really feel sorry for you guys in the USA that haven't read the novels by Wolfgang Hohlbein; most of them were excellent. Especially "Labyrinth of Horus" and "Gold of Eldorado". Those are my favorites. Rob McGregor would stand second place for me as Indy author, with "Seven Veils" and "Interior World" being my personal favorites. McCoy's books were okay, I think, especially the introduction in the South American temple in "Philosopher's Stone", which brilliantly portrayed the true Indy spirit, IMHO.

Hey. Those Hohlbein books must be great; I've heard nothing but praise for them. There was a movement a few months ago to have them translated into english and marketed here in the States, but apparently, it was all for nought. I'd love to get my hands on one.
-graml

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]