Well, maybe yes, maybe no...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on February 23, 2000 at 15:46:40:

In Reply to: Re: cut scene pic is not actually cut form movie back in 1989 posted by Sean on February 23, 2000 at 09:17:38:

: Azuma:
: I saw the movie in theatres 11 times in 1989 - I can state beyond any shadow of a doubt that this scene WAS cut from the final print. This happens a lot; people see a picture in a book so much and it becomes part of their memory of the movie. Witness 'Star Wars.' It happens all the time. I think what's more interesting than the picture is the "cut out" playset I have from Pizza Hut from 1989, that features a cardboard cut-out Indy, hanging from the vine underneath the cliff. Hope this clears this up.
: Cheers,
: Sean

I was one of the fortunate 200 that got to see a closed showing of LC in 1989 at a premier in Tallahassee, FL two weeks before the official US theater release of the movie. At the premier that I attended there was indeed a complete scene during the chase at the beginning of the movie where River Phoenix transfers from his horse to the pursuing truck, then transfers back to the horse before seeing the train. You can view this entire scene in the Marvel "Last Crusade" comic book. When the movie came out in general release, this entire sequence had been eliminated. Azuma may have seen one of the releases with the indicated cut scene still intact. It did not appear in the premier that I attended, but it may have appeared in others but was cut, like the horse transfer scene I saw, for the theatrical general release. I guess we'll never actually know how many different versions there may have been floating around before the final "cut" made it to the theaters. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]