Re: Wested question for Michaelson or Patterson

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on February 23, 2000 at 18:13:49:

In Reply to: Re: Wested question for Michaelson or Patterson posted by Michaelson on February 23, 2000 at 14:13:30:

: : I just received my " Raiders" hide jacket in the new finish today. I love it. The color and leather is great. The arms & lenght are fine, but I've been lifting the last couples months and when I zip the jacket up it's a little tight around the shoulders and upper chest. My question is, will this leather stretch after wearing it awhile because I don't want to send it back & wait again. Like I say , it's not unbearabl tight just a little. thanks EV

: If it is the lambskin, it will stretch enough to take care of the tightness. I'm not so sure about the cowhide, as it's a much stiffer leather. Patterson lifts also. I'll let him pick up the ball on that response. Congratulations on your Wested, by the way! Regards. Michaelson

My size can fluctuate as well, depending on where I am in my lifting cycle. The cut Peter gave me fits well wherever I am in my lifting.

The hide will relax over time. Don't try and push it, however, as I'd hate to have you blow-out a seam. As long as the jacket drapes well when you're standing whith your hands hanging at your sides, without tightness through the shoulders, you'll be OK. It will gradually reshape itself over time. I had Peter drop the armpit a bit on mine, and I haven't had any trouble.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: