Re: QUESTIONS.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mlgm from icache-3.doit.wisc.edu on February 23, 2000 at 20:21:59:

In Reply to: QUESTIONS. posted by HANNIBAL KING on February 23, 2000 at 11:20:25:

: Hey,

:My question is - if Lucasfilm were to make a Young Indy story about the Ravenwood relationships would Sean Patrick Flannery still be able to pass as young Indy?
:Is he young enough looking, if the story was set closer to Raiders would the discrepancies between him and Harry be off putting? Would it be possible?

Well, I'm an unabashed SPF fan, and frankly I think he's the perfect choice, just as Harrison was the perfect choice in 1980s (a short moment of silence for whatever gods
prevented us from getting Tom Selleck as Indy. Indy is ironic, not smirking)

Who could play a young Marion, and who could play Abner Ravenwood? And perhaps a younger Rene Belloq?

Marion is harder, anyone got a brilliant idea?

: Secondly, if Harrison Ford said "Nope" to Indy IV, would you want to see an Indy film without him or would you rather see the script adapted to a new character and made into a period adventure film. I often wonder how many films like The Mummy start off as potential Indy stories that are rejigged when they meet up with a brick wall.

I like the character even better than the actor. I would hate for Indy to die just because Harrison Ford is ready to hang up the fedora and whip. Flanery for know, in ten, fifteen years, who knows?

: And finally, who would be your ideal choice for an Indy author - who could carry the legacy if the novels were to restart and I mean a professional author not one of us Fanfic writers.

: Just something to get the juices flowing.

I always really liked James Luceno's adaption of IJC-The Mata Hara Affair. I'd love for him to get a chance.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]