Are you on drugs or what -DUH?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doktor Jones from fsict-tc11-36.fn.net on February 23, 2000 at 23:46:56:

In Reply to: what a vivid imagination... posted by raider on February 23, 2000 at 23:25:26:

: sorry to disappoint you, but neither of these ever made into the theatrical release.

I didn't said that I saw it in the theatre, it was a cut scene... *read carefully before you comment*

The scene where indy ties himself to the periscope was shot but never used.

Ho Hum. Everyone already knows that. The scene was cut or rejected (hence my topic "Raiders cut scene" - DUH).

: :
: : Speaking of "cut" scene(s), does anyone remember seeing a scene in Raiders where Indy was with a female student (presumably the one with the "LOVE YOU" written on her eyelids in class) before Marcus Brody knocked on the door to tell Indy that he was given the go ahead to look for the ark. I remember he wasn't exactly alone when he put on his clothes (whatever you call that) to open the door for Marcus Brody. I could swear there was a scene like that, but it seems to be missing in the theatre and subsequent video releases (surprisingly, I saw that on video in the early 1980s). Maybe it was removed because its not good to depict a teacher having an affair with his students or something??

: : Also, there is another scene where Indy used his whip to hang himself onto the periscope of the German U-Boat (you could see it in the Marvel comics adaptation of the movie). I thought I saw that on video too. But it was missing on the later releases. Also, when Indy climbed onto the U-Boat after Captain Katanga and his men were wondering where Indy was, he wasn't carrying his whip. Could it be the reason why that later scene was removed as it is not possible to have that whip & periscope hanging scene because of that?

: : Could I have seen one of the unreleased version of Raiders??

: : Maybe some really old version of Raiders on video or CED still have those scene(s)??

: : Comments, anyone?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]