The "Yet to be determined actioner.." (LONG POST, SEEK INPUT)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DrJones from res230-25.bgsu.edu on February 24, 2000 at 17:23:20:

I have a feeling that one Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. is on the way back
to the big screen, at the cost of the project known as TRAFFIC.
While I was VERY excited at the prospect of Harrison working
with Steve Soderberg (and I still think he should at some point, for Soderberg is a great film maker) the actioner has to be Indiana Jones IV. I mean, the last few weeks he has made it quite clear that he is
ancious to take on the role once more of Indiana Jones;

"Light a fire under his (Lucas) ass"
"..I'm not saying anything, other than I want it to happen."

In addition, Pat McQueeny in a post I made a few weeks ago said that if the script was right that the Big 3 (Lucas, Spielberg, and Ford) agreed upon a script they would;

"Kill themselves to clear their schedules. They love it so much!"

This has to be the reason, Harrison dropped TRAFFIC. I can't see him dropping it for The Sum Of All Fears, but I can see it for Indiana Jones IV. Spielberg once said that filming could begin during the summer of 2000 did he not? Makes perfect sense to me. Besides, wouldn't Harrison need sometime to prepare his body for the more action oriented scenes? Training takes time. I think and pray that lensing will begin on Indiana Jones IV, sometime this year.

MY thought is that Lucas will film Star Wars II from June-October and in the meantime Spielberg can film Indy IV. With technology being what it is, Lucas can supervise what is transpiring quite easily. OR am I entirely missreading Lucas' contributions to the Indy saga?

I Really think this latest manuver by Harrison, and Spielberg's decision NOT to do Harry Potter, is a clear indication. Indy IV is going to happen. My thoughts are that if Spielberg HAD done it, then Harrison WOULD have done Traffic. But since he is not, Harrison saw this as the BEST chance to make this elusive sequel. Besides, it is rummored that Spielberg is keen to make 2 films in quick sucession,
what better way than to make INDY IV, and MINORITY REPORT?

Thanks for listening to me ramble, any input from anyone would be appreciated,

DrJones

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: