Yea, the real problem is that there just aren't Harrison Fords, or Humphrey Bogarts, or James Stewarts around. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on February 25, 2000 at 13:55:38:

In Reply to: Re: Interesting thoughts... posted by Abner on February 25, 2000 at 13:09:04:

: : Brendan Fraser would be good as a new character, such as Indy's son, but there's already two different actors (phoenix and flannery)
: : as younger Indy's, so that age group is pretty well covered.

: : I enjoyed the young Indy t.v. series, but one problem I've always had is Flannery's physical stature. He's a pipsqueak!, although he does a pretty good job. Harrison Ford isn't gigantic, but I can't see him as a 5'6", 155 pound twenty year old. Fraser would fix that problem. The Mummy was really cool.

:
: The problem with Brendan Fraser is that he can't really act that well. The mummy was O.K., but I don't think he'd pull off Indiana Jones. Now Tom Hanks could, in a weird sort of way, but he's almost as old as Ford. If it's got to be somebody young for "Young Indy" then maybe Matt Damon or Ben Affleck. I think they're both very talented and that last Saturday Night Live was one of the funniest I've seen.

: Cheers,
: Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: