Re: I would like my wested to be the exact same color as the movie jacket, could Peter sell me the same dye, or is there a place where I could buy this dye.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kenneth. from 212.120.136.146 on February 25, 2000 at 19:55:16:

In Reply to: I would like my wested to be the exact same color as the movie jacket, could Peter sell me the same dye, or is there a place where I could buy this dye. posted by The Man Of Steele on February 25, 2000 at 19:30:02:

The jackets that Peter supplies are exactly the same specs as what he supplied to Bermans and Nathans.All the disstressing and alteration was done there.It also depnds on how long you have had the jacket for.It looks brilliant after a few months,just like the film.You will often find that certain things look different on screen.Take for example indys shirt and pants.The shirt looks considerably lighter and the colours of heis trousers seem ta alter from scene to scene.It all comes down to lighting.If you are up to it take some sandpaper to it and it will improve but it will drasticly cut the lifespan of your jacket.The leather colour is the same,i assure you.Give it time and your jacket will become more and more like the movie jacket withe each passing day.Just wear it and enjoy it in knowning that when you buy a wested you are gaurenteed a personal authentic high quality reproduction that will give you years of satisfaction.No i am not affiliated with wested! Cheers,Kenneth.
: I would really appreiciate anyones thoughts. I have a new Raiders jacket I do love it but I would like the color to look closer to the original. Even if you think I shouldn't do this I would like to hear what you have to say. So please give me your advice, and opinions.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]