My (insignificant) opinion

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from smfc760-1.jps.net on February 25, 2000 at 20:15:48:

In Reply to: IndyFan movie, and Inconsistent religions. posted by California Mike on February 25, 2000 at 18:49:38:

:
: Anybody ever wonder how it is that the Ark of the Covenant (a Judaic/Christian icon), the Holy Grail (Christian icon) and the diamonds of Shiva all possess unearthly powers? Do we have a bunch of warring gods here? At least one, maybe two of those religions basic tenets would have to be wrong.
: It doesn't really take away from the movies, just a thought.

: IndyFans seem way cooler than most other fan groups (more adventurous, less technically obsessed), if a movie called Trekkies about Star Trek fans could make millions I think a movie about us could at least make.....hundreds!!

Yeah, I agree. A movie called Indies about us here Indyfans would rock. I'm sure we could make millions on it too, but I've never seen Trekkies and I don't know what the heck it's about. I mean, what kind of movie can you have about fans? Anyhow, it would be pretty fun with a whole bunch of guys in leather jackets and fedoras jumping around (and on top of) the camera, or whipping the cameraman with our 10ft bullwhips and cracking the lens, or yelling, "Yeah! I got my GODDAMNED Indy socks and underpants today!" All kidding aside, of course.
P.S. About the religion thing, I think that the origin of every mystical object must have some truth to it. I mean, how else would they survive the ages if there were not some fact? What do we know, it could all exist somehow, and in some crazy, mixed-up way, it just might.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]