Re: Pat Roach in LC

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale Dassel from iax-minden-ppp0007.iamerica.net on June 29, 1998 at 21:21:05:

In Reply to: Re: Pat Roach in LC posted by hank awland jr on June 29, 1998 at 16:41:51:

:
: : : : : :
: : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : :
: : : : : : : : : : : Okay, maybe I risk basishment from the hallowed halls of Indydom, but who the duce is Pat Roach?

: : : : : : : : : : Ah, Korycinski, I can't banish you from Indydom for the simple mistake of not memorizing the credits. However, I must leave your final sentence to the rest of the members of Indyfan. Pat Roach, in my opinion, is the greatest supporting actor in the Indy

: : films. You probably know him better as, "the guy in Marion's bar who's arm was on fire as he tried to punch Indy", "the guy who got chopped up in the propellor", "the guy in ToD who got smooshed in the rock crusher", "the guy on the Zeppelin". You can also find him in several other movies. For further reading, I suggest simply typing Pat Roach into Netfind.

: : : : : : : : : : Sapito

: : : : : : : : : Man! That's neat! Yeah, now that I think about it (naturally after you pointed it out) I can see where the "German" that Indy had the fist fight with around the flying wing in Raiders is the same hulk (but man, he sure looked a lot bigger...) he had the fight with on the rock-crusher conveyor belt in Temple. He's also the big Shepra in The Raven too eh? Never would have guessed.

: : : : : : : : : However, memory fails me and I cannot place him on the Zeppelin in Crusade. What part did he play there?

: : : : : : : : He was just there briefly. It's hard to describe. I suggest you watch the scene again and when you see a beheamoth of a man standing between Indy and Henry, you'll know you've found Pat Roach ;^)

: : : : : : : Mr. Roach is the German Aerodrone representative that is running out trying to stop the Zepplin before it took off in the airport scene of LC. Regards. Michaelson

: : : : : : My apologies, Michaelson and Alexander. I was mistaken. I will have to pick up the slack and watch LC again. But for now, I have to read Chapters 4 and 5 for class tomorrow. Sapito

: : : : : No slack or apologises needed. I didn't spot him myself until I read of it right here on the forum. I love this place! Regards. Michaelson

: : : : I don't want to say anything wrong, but wasn't Pat Roach a Gestapo
: : : : soldier in Last Crusade? At least the Credids say so...
: : : : Well, I may be wrong as I can neither remember a Gestapo soldier, nor
: : : : a German Aerodrone representative. Or was the Gestapo soldier meant by
: : : : Aerodrone representative? I guess yes...

: : : : Regards,
: : : : -Max

: : : You are correct, Max. He was the man running with Vogel to get the attention of the attendents to hold the Zepplein(sp?) from leaving. Regards. Michaelson

: : Thanks, men. Now it's just a matter of watching the movie again, so that Mr. Roach's role in LC is also sealed in my memory. Adios, Senores. Jim Satipo (call me Sapito)

: Not to make this any longer, but the only place I saw Pat in LC was closing the back of the door on the two ton truck that Brody was tossed into, as Salah fended off angry gestapo guys--the "run." "yes," "run." "yes...did you say?" "RUN!" (Punch through newspaper section-location, Alexandretta/whatever it was named later)

I know that this response is so far down the page that nobody
is going to read it, but here goes: How many of you know that the
map thief, Barranca (at the beginning of Raiders) is ALSO the sneaky
Monkey Man (in Cairo)??? I couldn't believe it, either!!!! :)

-Dale

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]