Re: Actually, Raider is right...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by raider from ppp03-364.algx.iadfw.net on February 25, 2000 at 22:12:22:

In Reply to: Actually, Raider is right... posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert on February 25, 2000 at 16:12:15:

actually, i had no intention of coming off as arrogant in my first post. obviously, doktor mistook the meaning of "what a vivid imagination." i'm just quoting here. it wasn't meant to be insensitive. just my little tribute to a great film. i thought it applied in this situation. doktor's responses, however, crossed the line. i never engage in that type of rhetoric because i'm above that. i was just stating simple truths in my first post, and doktor attacks me for it. hehe, i'm labeled a drug addict and illiterate for it. who do you think is being crass? its not really even important anymore. just looking for "illumination." so, "indiana jones. adieu."(no disrespect intended)
: Although Raider is being mean and arrogant towards your discussion, this scene with the girl that you are talking about was in the script and the novelization but never made it into the final print. In fact, I don't think this scene was even shot. You say you saw this scene in the theatre. Are you absolutely sure? There is only one version of Raiders, and there's certainly no girl in Indy's house. You seem to be suffering under something Roger Ebert calls "The Phantom Moviegoers Syndrome" where the viewer was absolutely convinced they saw a scene from a movie in the theatre and when they went to go watch that movie again many months later, it wasn't there.

: -----------

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]