Re: To all those real archaeologists who shudder at the mention of Indy.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shaggy from cx643543-a.msnv1.occa.home.com on February 26, 2000 at 18:17:02:

In Reply to: To all those real archaeologists who shudder at the mention of Indy. posted by Reggie on February 26, 2000 at 14:30:02:

Actually, a lot of my friends in the YAA program don't like Indiana Jones because he's more of a relic hunter than an archaeologist. While it's the truth that all major anthropological and archaeological finds have happened by accident, like the lost cities of Kalcininos and Pompeii, Indiana Jones seems to have some way to get pieces to a secret treasure map to find a guilded, golden JOVITO/LLUVETO idol, even at a time period where the Jovitos don't treasure gold. He hardly does any archaeology at all, so, those who can't do, teach. Don't get me wrong, I love the character, but he's just not much of an archaeologist. Lucas should've painted Indy as perhaps a rogue or a treasure hunter. After all, those are the kind of nickelodeon characters he based Dr. Jones on in the first place. Seems to have a touch of the hunter from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World, too.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]