Now wait a minute...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Shaggy from spider-wn051.proxy.aol.com on February 27, 2000 at 02:24:10:

In Reply to: Re: IIIIIIIIIIIII don't know. posted by California Mike on February 26, 2000 at 21:47:12:

That's a terrible thing to say, Indiana Jones SHOULD be seen as a timeless figure like James Bond or at least the Fonz. While the Fonz is trapped in the 50s for-ev-ah, James Bond has been around for 30 years, looks 30-40, and changes with the times. I love the Jones trilogy not because of Harrison Ford's deep, brown eyes as of 19 years ago, but because of how INDIANA JONES took control over a situation and adapted. He's a hero riding on a black Arabian horse chasing after the Ark of the Covenant, he's the man who was tortured, dragged, punched, kicked, burned and sliced and still has the power to hold onto a sacred rock and climb a bridge like a ladder, and he's the hero that can march into a Nazi book burning party, come nose to nose with the big H himself, and walk out to find the Holy Grail. He is NOT an actor who has taken the roles of a space pirate, CIA agent, one armed man chasing, Humphrey Bogart wannabe and fights for the Brazilian Highlands in his spare time while married to the woman who made E-freaking-T. Indiana Jones IS NOT Harrison Ford, while the personalities may be amazingly similar, they're not the same person. I seriously doubt that a 64 year old Harrison Ford is going to be able to take a serious swing at another Jones film if he keeps on getting busy, especially with Spielberg doing at least 3 films in the future and Lucas doing at least 3 films in the future. Hell, Lucas would make "Howard the Duck II" before he'd spring for Indy IV. This was the subject of my last fan fiction, which died because nobody wanted to touch the subject. For Tuez sake, you have to admit, a brand spanking new 40 year old David, big shnoz and all, is better than a 64 year old Harrison, bulldog cheeks and wrinkles and white hair and bald spot and, well, you get the gist...

As a fan, I want another Indy movie, or at least a decent game (Infernal Machine was bullocks control and graphics wise), and I don't care if Harrison Ford is involved in it or not, just as long as it's the Indy I know and love, and not the Senile Indy or Young Indy of the TV series.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]