Sam Neil finnaly someone who thinks like I do sam niel to me could play Indy

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kent from dial190.insolwwb.net on February 27, 2000 at 16:37:35:

In Reply to: Re: Now wait a minute... posted by Shaggy on February 27, 2000 at 16:12:02:

: I can drop Harry, who will be between 60 and 64 when Indy IV will finally get off the ground, just like *snap* that because I liked the movies because of Indiana Jones, not because of Harrison Ford. Sure he can live on in the novels (which are out of print and failed miserably), and the comic books (which sold lower than The Flintstones series comics), and the games (which are either 6 years old or have gotten 2 stars out of 10 from respected gamer magazines), but I want another film, like Raiders which is one of the highest grossing films of all time. I liked his wry humor and use of a bullwhip, not because of how the actor played the character, but how the character acts like average Joe Blo with a Ph.D. in the face of the occult. One of the few things that I liked about Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine was that Doug Lee played INDIANA JONES, not Harrison Ford. I've heard someone say he sounds like a weather man, but I still like him.

: And as for going the way of James Bond...

: What's so bad about that? I'd sell my soul to look 30 for eternity. The only thing bad about being James Bond is that everyone expects the same thing out of the films, outrageously hot babes, sports cars that think, seeing the Q branch MXIX in action, explosions, strange villians and gallons and gallons of testosterone spewing action. However, it's already the same thing with Indiana Jones. See:

: RotLA - Indy fights a big guy outside an airplane
: He's after a religious artifact
: He goes through an ancient place full of spiders
: He's chased by a giant boulder, causing a lot of suspense
: He meets up with a gorgeous woman from his past
: He has contacts like Sallah who help him out

: IJatToD - Indy fights a big guy while on some sort of rock crushing mill
: He goes through an ancient place full of bugs
: He chops a rope bridge in half, causing a lot of suspense
: He meets up with a gorgeous woman who tags along
: He has contacts like Wuhan and Short Round who help him out

: IJatLC - Indy fights a big guy on a tank
: He goes through an ancient place full of rats
: A cultist throws a match into the petroleom well Indy's going through, causing suspense
: He meets up with a gorgeous woman from his father's past
: He has contacts like Sallah who help him out

: While amazingly entertaining, it's almost the same film 3 times with different variables, just like a 007 film. Be it a villian with metal teeth, or metal hands, or a metal hat, the Bond films are the same thing over and over, and people still flock to them, I love em, if not for Bond, then for the pop artist theme song. Also, ever notice that both Bond and Indy girls peek at their appearance in one of the films? Except for, maybe, Capshaw, who married the greatest director alive...

: Point being: Indiana Jones is a character that I love and want to see another film being made starring HIM, not his son, and I don't care who plays him, just as long as they look the part and play it well, be they John Doe, Sam Neil or DD, I just want to see at least one last Indy flick.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]