Gee whiz...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from smfc760-1.jps.net on February 27, 2000 at 18:03:16:

In Reply to: Re: Now wait a minute... posted by Shaggy on February 27, 2000 at 16:12:02:

OK, fine. So I can see you are not going to change your mind any time soon. But still, I doubt that Spielberg or Lucas are going to want to have another actor carry on the Indiana Jones tradition. And also, I don't think of James Bond as a serious character. I mean, he's existed so long, changed actors so many times, and stays the same age while the ages have gone by. But Indiana Jones to me is a fully-fleshed out character with a whole history, and through time has BECOME Harrison Ford. Seeing some other schmuck playing the part of Indiana Jones would look stupid by trying to imitate all the things that Harrison Ford did to make Indy the way he is, and I'd be saying to myself the whole time, "Gee, I liked Harry playing the part better." As for your saying that you want to see at least one other Indy movie, I'm sure that Harrison Ford can fulfill that. Sure, it'd be great to see the Indy movies going on forever, using new actors, but I don't think it would work at all.
P.S. I am not in any way against James Bond. He's cool and the ideal hero, but he's not Indy. That's why I'm here at Indyfan and not somewhere else at 007fan or something.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]