Re: Question for fedora gurus

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupD239.mpls.uswest.net on February 28, 2000 at 01:23:31:

In Reply to: Question for fedora gurus posted by MK on February 27, 2000 at 23:54:11:

: With so many fedoras to choose from, I am unclear on what is really the best way to go. The HJ is obscenly expensive and some say it is still not right. Is that correct? Does it need further modifying? The Miller hats are more reasonable, but which one? How close are they to the real thing? Those who answer tell me what hats) you have. I am sorry for rambling, but I would like to get the last word on fedoras. Thanks for your help.

I've owned like a dozen fedoras since '89 and never had one that I felt had "the look" until I ordered the Indiana Miller. The color's on, the crown height's there, the ribbon's just a tad wide, but this's the one I'd recommend. I've heard some people ordered a Herbert Johnson like in August and still haven't received it...for two-hundred plus dollars that's a JOKE, I don't care if the hat was worn personally by Ford, half a year is just an insane amount of time to be running to the mailbox every day in anticipation of arrival. My Miller came in less than two weeks and I was fortunate enough to get the dimensional cut. But dimensional cut or not this's the last fedora I'm gonna buy. It's very close to The Hat. Plus it's VERY easy to shape and manipulate to achieve the look you want.

Austin....Danger Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]