For fear of sounding redundant..I'll sum it all up right here-

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by GCR from spider-tf034.proxy.aol.com on February 28, 2000 at 12:11:56:

In Reply to: Question for fedora gurus posted by MK on February 27, 2000 at 23:54:11:

: With so many fedoras to choose from, I am unclear on what is really the best way to go. The HJ is obscenly expensive and some say it is still not right. Is that correct? Does it need further modifying? The Miller hats are more reasonable, but which one? How close are they to the real thing? Those who answer tell me what hats) you have. I am sorry for rambling, but I would like to get the last word on fedoras. Thanks for your help.

I will concur with my esteemed forum collegues and say the Indiana Miller is the way to go. You already know the reasons why, so I won't waste space but one thing to keep in mind if you should order it: be very clear about whether or not you want the open crown model or the center dent model. Also, state the brim size you want very clearly and repeat it if necessary. The first one I got was indeed open crown as I asked, but had a 2 1/2 inch brim!!! WAY too short. As for the ribbon, it is a 1/4 inch too wide, but if you can live with it, it still looks ok, otherwise, unless you are an expert w/ a needle and thread, take it to a professional hat shop to get a shorter ribbon put on it. I made the mistake of doing it myself without any knowledge of stiching or sewing beforehand...BIG MISTAKE, luckily, it was my Stetson Temple that I ruined, not my new Miller. Price, quality, crown height, color, it's all there the Miller is the closest thing to the Indy hat this side of the Atlantic, unless you want to heist the Smithsonian!
-GCR

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]