Re: Fly fishing a plus....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12_686.utsi.edu on June 30, 1998 at 09:33:23:

In Reply to: Re: Whip afterthought.. posted by IJFan on June 30, 1998 at 09:04:12:

: I've had a pretty easy time learning to use mine. No major injuries yet. I credit this to two things:

: 1. The whip. I've got a David Morgan. Quality tools are easier to use any day of the week.

: 2. I grew up flyfishing. I understand the dynamics of the throw and know what it should look like when done right because it's essentially the same as casting a fly. Granted, there are some significant differences, but my training consists mostly of figuring out how this is different from something I already know, rather than starting from scratch with a rather strange motion.

: -IJFan

Brother, if you can successfully fly fish, it doesn't matter WHAT you use as a whip! You're going to hit what YOU swing at! I tried fly fishing once in my life. I don't think my uncle EVER got all that line out of his apple trees by his pond. I can throw a whip well, but I still won't attempt fly fishing again. I understand rod and reel to well now. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]