Re: Fly fishing can be learned.....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12_686.utsi.edu on June 30, 1998 at 11:01:02:

In Reply to: Re: Fly fishing a plus.... posted by IJFan on June 30, 1998 at 10:55:17:

:
: : Brother, if you can successfully fly fish, it doesn't matter WHAT you use as a whip! You're going to hit what YOU swing at! I tried fly fishing once in my life. I don't think my uncle EVER got all that line out of his apple trees by his pond. I can throw a whip well, but I still won't attempt fly fishing again. I understand rod and reel to well now. Regards. Michaelson

: Well, it's really not that tough. Especially if you've figured out how to throw a whip since you tried it last. I bet that with a little effort and a big grassy field, we'd have you casting nice, tight loops in one afternoon. You wouldn't be great, mind you. But you could go fishing - which is what it's all about really.

:
: -IJFan

You're absolutely right. It's just like learning not to flinch when the tip of the whip first is coming back at you. I just can't seem to keep the thought of that hook from the back of my head. But you're right, we CAN be taught until we die, right? Thanks. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]