I still do not see a website URL or e-mail address, you phony! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from smfc760-1.jps.net on February 29, 2000 at 15:00:57:

In Reply to: Re: Yes.....technically... posted by Christopher Daniels on February 29, 2000 at 14:45:17:

:
: To All That Are Concerned:

: I will, on behalf of the company and Lucasfilm, post an official statement citing the legalities of the whole figure situation. I ask that no more profanity is used if you do in fact e-mail us here at the company. The use of profanity does not help your cause.

: =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=Mr. Christopher Daniels
: : : Who the hell is this guy? I don't beleive that is illegal to sell the figures as modified star wars one. it would be like someone buying the star wars figures and then selling them again. wouldn't it?

: : Techically, this guy, whoever he is, is correct, and so are you. How's that for a cryptic response? :) My understanding is that modifying a Star Wars figure and reselling it is, in and of itself, legal, HOWEVER, if you sell it, it must be presented as a modified Star Wars figure and given a generic name...such as "Action/Adventure Hero" or something since the modifier of the figure does not have the rights to the LFL properties of Star Wars or Indiana Jones. It is a fine distinction, but I believe it makes all the difference in the world. Of course I'm no expert on such matters and it's only my guess....anybody out there able to give the definitive answer...MR. DANIELS, PERHAPS????

: : Regards,
: : Brian K.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: